I have been a pretty consistent fan of Clairo's since 2019, and her music has always spoken and called to me. Recently, though, I have been dealing with feelings I have never dealt with before, and Sling helped me break down those so I could understand myself and nurture my mind through the process.
What do I mean? I think it is the innate nature of women to desire to settle down eventually, but I never expected that instinct to jump-scare me. It did, and it has been weaving a prickly nest in literally every organ of my body. My heart, my brain, my womb, my tongue. Before I can catch it, the phrase, "I want a husband" slips from my lips. I'm twenty-two, why is this consuming me?
In an interview between Apple Music and Claire herself, she delves into the exact same desires I just explained to you, and even more. She touches on the topic of the sadness of not getting the chance to know who her mother was before she became "wife" and "mother." She, as a daughter, only knows her as those. That hit me like a freight train, because like she explains, we as women hardly get the time to build up who we are before we settle down, and in some sad cases, that happens all too quickly.
I can dive more deeply into Sling, if you'd like, just leave a comment and let me know! I could speak endlessly on Clairo.
Watch the interview below:
(Warning, if you're anything like me, you may shed tears)

No comments:
Post a Comment