On my excursion to Ocean Springs, Mississippi, I visited quite the intriguing artists' shop. It was filled to the brim with jewelry (chunky and dainty alike), ceramic pieces, awe-inspiring paintings, glass-blown items, and so much more.
I found myself staring at a mug with a heron on the front. It was tear drop shaped instead of round... so unique. I also got caught up with the most obnoxiously pretentious artist I've ever met. After he told me people had to physically find him and beg him for a commission because he had never owned a cell phone or an email, he plopped a pack of his Christmas in July cards in my hands and asked me, "Can you get some of these? I worked too hard on them for you not to." Now who was begging whom?
When he got done bragging about how he was the only artist who knew how to draw these days, he thanked me for my "adult conversation," and I made sure he watched me plop his Christmas cards back onto his table. The humble beauty of the mug whispered my name again, so I happily swept her up and took her home.

No comments:
Post a Comment